100g Soft light brown sugar
1 Tbsp golden syrup
150g self raising flour
100g chocolate chips (mix of milk and white)
1) Preheat oven to 180c/350f/Gas mark 4.
2) Line several baking trays with baking paper. (We didn't have any baking paper so we lightly greased the tray and hoped for the best!)
3) Place the butter and sugar in a bowl together and whisk until pale and creamy, then add the golden syrup into the mixture.
4) Add 75g of the flour and whisk until mixed.
5) Stir in the chocolate chips and the remaining flour.
6) Roll small pieces of the dough in your hands (Or accidentally eat it raw like I did - delicious!) then flatten the balls, place them on the tray and space well apart.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
8) Leave on the trays for 2-3 minutes to cool, they will fall a little.
9) Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
10) Eat and enjoy!
We displayed our cookies on this beautiful glass cake stand which was actually my Christmas present from Andrew's sister, so thankyou very much if you are reading this Catherine! We are so pleased with how they came out; They were super quick and easy to make and are super yummy and gooey!
Let me know if you have any simple recipes for me to try out, I'd love to get more into baking this year!