Thursday 21 June 2012

My New Lover

I was shopping the other day as I have a serious major clothing shortage, but as is always the case in these situations, I couldn't find anything that looked nice and I began to throw a serious diva strop. To try and pull myself out of what was really a very dark time in my life I decided I simply had to buy some new makeup. It was the only way to save myself.

I hastily sped off in the direction of The Victoria Quarter, and more specifically the Illamasqua store, to see what goodies they had that might just cheer me up and I found myself completely enamoured with all the beautiful products. Ive heard so much about their skin base foundation that I knew I would have to invest and see if it lived up to the hype. The sales assistant was very helpful and quickly and accurately matched me to shade 7.5, which seems a good match for when im wearing fake tan as I am at the moment. On the Illamasqua website it says shade 7.5 is for skintone's with a more yellowy undertone, and whilst I normally have quite a neutral skintone, it does seem to be working well with the fake tan I am currently using. Today is the first day I have worn it so I wont do a full review yet but I will say that so far I am LOVING it. If I continue to enjoy using it you can deffo expect it to crop up in my up and coming 'Top 5 Foundations' post.


Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in shade 'SB 7.5' - £25

I was considering being sensible and just leaving it at the foundation, there aren't any makeup items I desperately need at the moment, but when the S.A told me it was 15% off when you bought two products, who was I to refuse? Im only human afterall. So as I seem to be over-run with lipsticks at the moment, I decided to be vaguely sensible and go for a nice new blush, ive been looking for the perfect peachy shade for ages. Ive heard so much about Mac blushers such as 'Peaches' and 'Melba' but for some reason ive never been completely convinced. I was pouring over the blush stand like a total perve when I spotted 'Lover' and without even trying it on I knew it was the one. The website describes it as a 'soft matte apricot' and my god aint that the truth. Ive only worn this blush once and I am quite happy to make this statement; FAVOURITE BLUSHER EVER. That's right, I said it.


Illamasqua Blusher in shade 'Lover' - £16.50

After that cheeky little visit ive realised me and Illamasqua might have just struck up a little love affair and im simply going to have to buy more. Ive already got my eye on the majority of the 'Naked Strangers' collection and the 'Human Fundamentalism' neutral palette is calling my name, 'Beccaaaaa buy meeeee'. 


 What's your favourite Illamasqua products?

 Becca.x

No comments:

Post a Comment