Monday 16 July 2012

Mac 'Heavenly Creatures' Collection

I don't know how many more blog posts I can get away with using the opening line 'I love lipsticks' but seriously though...I LOVE LIPSTICKS. Mac are my absolute fav when it comes to the little sticks of glory so whenever there's a new collection I can very rarely avoid purchasing a new hue. The 'Heavenly Creatures' collection is inspired by all things cosmic and is available throughout July and August featuring a selection of limited edition lipsticks, glosses, blushers and eyeshadows.





There are 5 lipstick shades in the collection and whilst I was tempted to order them all, I ended up going for 'Pleasure seeker' which the Mac website describes as a 'creamy peach', and 'Cut a Caper' which is described as a 'midtone peachy pink'. I admit, both do sound quite similar but I am literally a woman on a mission when it comes to finding the perfect peach lipstick so I just couldn't risk missing out. 






(L-R Pleasureseeker, Cut a Caper)

1) Pleasureseeker - When I first opened 'Pleasureseeker' I really thought it was going to be the one. It's a very orangey-peach and is the first glaze formula I've ever purchased from Mac. I really, really thought I was going to love this however when I applied it to the lips I found it to be a little frosty which I'm not a fan of and it wasn't as flattering as other peach tones I've tried such as Revlon 'Smoked Peach'. I also found it to cling a little to dry patches and with it being so sheer I found the colour to be a little uneven. All that being said, I think I will be taking this on holiday with me as I imagine with a tan this would be a much more flattering shade and it is nice and light and glossy.


(Mac - Pleasureseeker)

2) Cut a Caper - As soon as I saw this had been re-promoted I knew I had to get my hands on this lipstick. It's one of those infamous Mac shades you hear so much about and I couldn't wait to rip opening the packaging and see what all the fuss was about. When I opened the packaging though I found myself feeling a little deflated as it reminded me of so many other shades I already own; 'Costa Chic', 'Watch Me Simmer' and 'Force of Love' to name a few. I didn't really get what all the fuss was about but when I applied it to the lips it was a whole different story. It is the most perfect daytime peachy/coral, it is NOTHING like anything else in my collection and the lustre finish makes it so easy to apply. I cannot recommened this lipstick enough, it is already sold out on the Mac website so I urge you to get your hands on this before it's too late!


(Mac - Cut a Caper)

So I guess the moral of this story is 'Never judge a book by its cover'. I love, love, LOVE 'Cut a Caper' and this deffo would have made it into my 'Top 5 Mac Lipsticks' post. There's a couple of other bits from the collection I might try and get my hands on, especially the Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Light Year'. 

Have you bought anything from the 'Heavenly Creatures' collection?


Becca.x

2 comments:

  1. HI there Becca!
    Wow! hey are so beautiful colours indeed! I am so in love!
    Thanks a lot for posting about them and swatching as well. Really helpful!
    Just posted about one of the products in this collection as well, the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator. Maybe you fancy a look? http://catanyasthings.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/mac-volcanic-ash-exfoliator-heavenly.html
    Thanks a lot!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been and read your post, so interesting! I really want to try that out, I've never tried Mac skincare or actually heard much about it but that sounds so unique Im going to have to give it a go I think :) x

    ReplyDelete