Wednesday 25 July 2012

Review - July Glossybox

Two posts in one day I hear you say? I know, I spoil you. I've been subscribed to Glossybox for around 6 months now and whilst I always enjoy receiving it and using all the products, I've never felt inspired enough to do a review; That is until this month. To be completely honest I'd forgotten it was even due but when it landed on my door step this morning my heart skipped a little beat, yes ladies and gentlemen (well probably just ladies), I've fallen in love AGAIN.



1) HD Brows Palette in 'Vamp' - This was the first thing I saw when I opened my Glossybox and I literally let out a little yelp of happiness. The palette was originally featured in the September 2011 box so sadly I missed out but I am so so SO pleased to see they've given their newer subscribers a bit of brow action. I've actually tried this out already this morning when I nipped to run some errands so I can tell you that my first impressions are incredible. The powder's are intensely pigmented and I actually really like the little angled brush you get included; I will definately be giving up on my current Mac 'Espresso' eyeshadow and Elizabeth Arden angled brush combo. The only slight downside I have found of this is that it is a little too dark for me, however I am getting my hair dyed darker next week so it will be perfect then. This palette retails for £19.95 so it is almost double the price of the whole beauty box, amazing!


HD Brows Palette in 'Vamp' - RRP £19.95

2) Clynol 'Enrich Colour Shampoo' - I was delighted when I saw this in the July Glossybox as I am a massive Clynol fan. Their 'Repair Recovery Conditioner' is my all time favourite conditioner and I regularly use their 'Reflex Silver Shampoo' if my ombre is looking a bit brassy. I am really excited to test out their 'Enrich Colour Shampoo' and this will be the perfect sample size to take on holiday next week.

3) Monu 'Golden Glow' - Again this is the perfect sample size to take on holiday with me next week. Because I wear a much higher SPF on my face than on my body my face always looks much paler so I think I will apply this to my face a couple of hours before I go out on an evening to give me a natural looking summer glow. 


Clynol 'Enrich Colour Shampoo' - RRP £9.35/300ml
Monu 'Golden Glow' - RRP £23/200ml

4) Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting in 'Irish Cream Pavlova' - This is another full size product and worth the same price as the whole box. I'm not usually too  focussed on how much the products in the box are worth but this month it is staggeringly obvious what good value for money you are getting. The Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting is a multi purpose product for lips and cheeks which smells like heaven and is a beautiful candy pink shade with subtle shimmer. I tried this on my lips earlier and it felt lovely for a gloss product, not too sticky with a nice amount of pigmentation. 


Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting in 'Irish Cream Pavlova' - RRP £10

5) Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 - This was probably the least exciting product for me as I'm not a big skincare fan and don't really enjoy trying new products as my skin is very sensitive. I was pleased to see the lotion is oil free as I have quite oily skin and I love that they also included little sachets of the matching cleanser and serum. I tested the lotion out under my makeup this morning and my initial reaction is pretty blahhh. I don't have anything negative to say but I didn't notice it did anything amazing for my skin. As I haven't come up in a reaction to it so far I will continue to test it and let you know what I think, although at £32 for 50ml I can't see me wanting to invest.


Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 - RRP £32/50ml

Overall I am completely ecstatic with this month's Glossybox and it is easily my favourite so far. I am a little confused by the festival theme as I personally couldn't see myself washing my hair, applying fake tan and filling in my eyebrows at a festival but I am extremely pleased with it all the same. Glossybox retails at £10 per month (plus p&p) and I can honestly say it is well worth the money, as with everyone there are some boxes I have liked more than others but I always get use out of almost every product so I'd encourage you to subscribe if you haven't already.

What was your favourite product in the July box?


Becca.x


4 comments:

  1. I am literally so happy about this box too! I blogged about the HD Palette this morning and when I saw your Instagram picture of it I think I actually yelped with happiness too haha! I've got lots of Jelly Pong Pong products and they're amazing :) I could literally eat the lip frosting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried yours yet? They are so pigmented its crazy! I didnt realise Jelly Pong Pong were still around I havent seen any of their stuff for years! Where do you get it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,
    I would have loved to get the HD brows! I got what people are calling the 'worst box' but I think it's still nice. I've got one of the products already and don't like a shade of eyeshadow in there but hey how got the free eco box coming soon too.
    Loving your blog followed.
    Ax
    www.thriftygirlloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what was in the other one? I normally seem to get the rubbish ones so was shocked I actually got the palette! Thankyou for following :) xx

    ReplyDelete